HummingBird Car Rental Rental Terms & Conditions
Rental Terms & Conditions
Rate guaranteed. Must return to the same parish |the minimum rental period is 001 days. Arrangements can be made to have car dropped off in another city/town call our agent.
Personal Accident Insurance
Loss /Damage Waiver Cost of ldw
-USD 9.00 per day for all vehicles Limited Coverage ($750 deductible)
-USD 25.00 per day for pcar/lcar/mvar/fvmr/lfar Full Coverage (No Deductible)
Non waiverable damage responsibility with ldw – –
· Limited Coverage ($9/day)– USD 750.00 for all vehicles – -USD 1500.00 for theft
Full Coverage ($25/day)– USD 0.00 for damage, USD 1000 for theft
· If ldw is declined the customer is responsible for the full value of the vehicle, up $12,500.00.
· ldw is mandatory unless the customer presents a credit card that provides ldw protection or equivalent coverage applicable in Jamaica . In case of accident and the ldw is declined, the entire cost of the repairs will be payable by the client. If ldw is accepted, the customer is still responsible for the damage responsibility listed above and the renter will be billed in case of accident regardless of who is at fault.
Note: HummingBird can take up to 72 hours to replace a vehicle that is rendered inoperable due an accident or theft, without reimbursement or liability on the company’s part. In the case, where the vehicle become inoperable due to mechanical issues, not caused by faulty operation by renter, HummingBird will replace vehicle within 12 hours, without additional cost to customer. In the rare event, it takes more than 12 hours or the customer does not get a replacement vehicle, HummingBird will refund customer for that portion of rental unused.
HummingBird offers 2 re-fueling options–
Option 1 – returning the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as provided at the time of rental.
Option 2 – returning the vehicle with less than the amount of fuel as when rented and paying a refueling service charge for fuel used. This charge is at a rate higher than the local retail gasoline prices.
Major credit cards accepted when issued in the renter’s name.
Credit cards listed below.
Cash rentals are not allowed.
In general, we do not require a security deposit; except for renters who decline coverage, drivers in the very high-risk category.
Valid driver’s license from country of residence required. International driving license required only for licenses printed in a non-roman alphabet. Additional driver minimum age is 25 and must present a current and valid driver’s license from country of residence. Additional driver fee: none
The minimum age to rent or drive a Hummingbird car is 25.
Kingston and Montego Bay airports will remain open to meet incoming customers with advance reservations who have encountered flight delays. It is HummingBird’s policy to honor a reservation up to 5 hours beyond the stated pickup time in the event a customer is delayed. HummingBird would appreciate your notifying us at 800-458-6440
876-861-9049 (Customer Service) should you become aware of a delay in picking up your car.
Time and Mileage
Time-and-mileage charges are included in the base quoted rate. Rates are based on the length of time the vehicle was rented (day, week or month) as well as any per-mile charges. This comprises the charge for the length of time rented, the allowable mileage, and any incremental charge for mileage incurred over the allowance associated with the charge
Most HummingBird rentals are based on a 24-hour day. A car rented at 10AM for a one-day rental is due back at 10AM the next day. There is a one-hour grace period. If the car is returned within the one-hour grace period there will not be any additional hourly rate. Beyond the one-hour period, an hourly rate will apply. If the hourly charge exceeds four hours, a full day rental will apply. Charges for optional services such as LDW, etc. are charged as full days after the one-hour grace period.
We do not encourage renters keeping the car for extra days beyond the rental period as most of our bookings and discounted rates are for advanced bookings only. Extra day rentals will be billed at the higher standard daily rate for a short-term rental (see www.hbcarrental.com)
Advance Booking Requirement
Certain special rates may require that they be reserved in advance of when the vehicle is rented. Any advance booking requirement is contained in the terms and conditions of advertisements or coupons. Since advanced booking vehicles are reserved for renters, there is a cancellation fee of 5% of the total rental cost if renter cancels within 48 hours of booking; 15% if cancellation is done up to 7 days prior to the rental date, and 25% if cancellation is done less than 7 days before the day of rental.
Pay Later option doesn’t guarantee 100% availability, as we operate on a first come first serve basis. Customer who chooses pay now options are usually given priority.
HummingBird frequently makes promotional offers via coupons. Please be sure to check the terms and conditions on the coupon for applicability. For more information,
Parking Tickets/Traffic Violations
Any parking tickets or traffic violations are the responsibility of the renter.
HummingBird requires all drivers and passengers to always wear their seat belts.
Smoking/Drug Use/Alcohol Consumption
No smoking, drug use or alcohol beverage is to be used while operating vehicle. If any damage is done to the vehicle and drug use or alcohol is suspected to be a contributing factor, you will 100% liable for damages, even if coverage was purchased. Visitors to Jamaica are reminded that contrary to what is portrayed in foreign media, marijuana use and driving while intoxicated is illegal in Jamaica and strictly enforced by the Jamaican authorities. Humming Bird will take no liabilities for incidents related to drug use or alcohol consumption.
Change In Drop off/Pick up Day
No refund will be given to a customer who decides to pick up a car a day or more later than the scheduled pick-up day. As well no refund will be given to a customer who decides to return the car earlier than the scheduled drop off day.
HummingBird Car Rental Flash Sale Terms and Conditions
HummingBird Value Coupons can be Redeemed at checkout on the Hummingbird website or by calling customer service at: 800-458-6440 OR 876-310-6418
HummingBird Value Coupon can be used for car rental from any vehicle category (example: Compact, Premium etc) under the following terms & conditions:
- Value of coupon is only applicable for deduction on base rate (Rate at which each vehicle is rented. Not including tax, insurance or added features)
- HummingBird Value Coupons have no cash value
- HummingBird Value Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash
- HummingBird Value Coupons can only be redeemed by one person for each seven (7) days car rental and cannot be combined with other coupons or discounts.
- If for any reason customer cannot complete a minimum of seven days after customer is in possession of vehicle, customer is only entitled to a refund of the difference paid, over and above seven days.
- A sale receipt MUST be accompanied by a HummingBird Value Receipt. Where purchases of two or more value coupons have been made, we will make a note of each HummingBird Value Coupon Redeemed.
- Holder must redeem HummingBird Value Coupon 60 days in advance for rentals between June 15 – August 15 and December 15 – January 15 and 30 days in advance for the rest of the year.
- Each HummingBird Value Coupons can only be redeemed ONCE
- HummingBird Value Coupons will become IRREDEEMABLE after the printed expiry date has past
Must be at least 21-years-old when coupon is redeemed
The Best Reggae Songs Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who submit a blog post* at the https://hbcarrental.com/blog/and who are 18 years old as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of HummingBird Tours, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of HummingBird Tours as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 10, 2017, and ending September 10, 2018. All online entries must be received by September 10, 2018 11:59pm, EST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at[Campaign URL]. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of HummingBird Tours. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Hummingbird Tours.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive: (a) One (1) Round-trip ticket* to Jamaica valued at the cost of a round-trip ticket to Jamaica, which originates in Miami or New York. Actual/appraised value of airline ticket may differ at time of prize, especially if winner is flying from a state that is not New York or Miami – in this case – winner will pay the difference in ticket value. (b) Car rental in Jamaica for a mid-sized car from the company’s (hbcarrental.com) fleet of cars. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by HummingBird Tours. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at HummingBird Tours discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for HummingBird Tours to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by calculating the highest total number of social shares from blog posts related to this competition under the supervision of HummingBird Tours. The winner will be notified by email and telephone within five (5) days following selection of Winner. HummingBird Tours shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT HummingBird Tours’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that HummingBird Tours, anyone acting on behalf of HummingBird Tours, and HummingBird Tours’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Hummingbird Tours. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Hummingbird Tours from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Hummingbird Tours may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: HummingBird Tours reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyondHummingbird Tours control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Hummingbird Tours may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Hummingbird Tours. Hummingbird Tours reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. HummingBird Tours has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Hummingbird Tours reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmlessHummingbird Tours and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OFthe United States of America AND the state of New York, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: HummingBird Tours, 2417 Jericho Tpke, Garden City Park, New York 11040. USA. Requests must be received no later than September 30, 2017, 11:59pm, EST.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is HummingBird Tours, 2417 Jericho Tpke, Garden City Park, New York 11040. USA.
- Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by HummingBird Tours is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- ___ By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
- *Blog post must be about 3 Reggae songs that have the most meaning to your life
- **Travel must be completed within one year and blackout Dates Apply: 12/20/2018 – 01/10/2019 and 07/31/2019 – 08/10/2019